Tea Making: Growing to Brewing Workshop
Tea has been valued for generations for its rich flavour and healing properties, beyond just being a thirst-quenching refreshment. While our understanding of tea is commonly associated with Chinese tea varieties like Pu’er, English tea types like Earl Grey, or even popular beverages like Teh Ping and Ice Lemon Tea, these are just the tip of the iceberg.
Many plants that grow well locally can also be brewed into wonderful teas, some even with healing properties. Blue Butterfly Pea, Indian Borage, and even the ubiquitous Mint can be combined with hot water to amazing effect. And in this workshop, we share the knowledge of growing your own herbs and edible flowers to brew natural, non-caffeinated teas.
During this workshop, expect to learn about:
– Different edible herbs and flowers that can be used for teas.
– How to harvest, dry and brew plants for tea.
– How to grow herbs such as Lemongrass, Pandan, Tarragon, Mint, Blue Pea Flower.
– Learn how to pair local herbs with staple teas.
This workshop also includes a hands-on portion, where you will:
– Brew and sample different teas grown locally and pesticide-free at our farm.
– Use your new understanding of local herbs to combine new tea flavours to savour and share with the class.
This workshop is designed for young adults and adults aged 13 and above.
Date: 27 November 2019, Wednesday
Time: 3pm to 4pm
Venue: The Working Capitol, 1 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089109
Price: $45 / pax, including all taxes and materials